Saturday, August 18, 2007

Tubing the Rainbow

As many times as I've kayaked this river, I've never just floated down it on a tube. Until today.

Had a great lazy day out on the river. Nice and hot and sunny, and a great group of Florida Trail'ers, led by Rodney.

The river was as clear as always, and even easier to enjoy from the comfort of a rubber tube. It was warm enough to want to be in the water a couple of times an hour, and lay out in the sun the remainder. We saw the usual wildlife, birds, fish, and a couple of otters, one of which swam by us for a while while he worked on cracking open an oyster on his belly. Of course, I didn't have the camera becasue I'd been concerned about keeping it dry. That figures.

I'll have to remember to add this to the list of things to do with out of town guests in the summer.

No comments: