Sunday, December 28, 2008

What's that thick white stuff on my car?

Freshly arrived in England, after a Christmas spell of high 70 degrees weather. It's 10am at Gatwick Airport, and -4 degrees celcius. My rental car is waiting in the parking lot to be picked up and driven away. The problem is, it's sitting in the sun, yet is entirely covered in an approximately 1/2 inch blanket of fuzzy white frost.

Wimp that I am, I'm sitting in the warm rental office while a really nice man scrapes all the ice off, heats the car up for me and finds me an ice scraper thingy in case this happens again in the next month.

I think I'll be here at least that long. This was an impropmtu visit home, but I expect I'll at least spend a couple of weeks with each parent, try to look up a few friends I haven't seen in a while, and maybe, if the weather cooperates, do a bit of light walking to see if my knee is recovered yet.

Ok, time to put my gloves on and brave the outside.

No comments: