Saturday, September 1, 2007

It just had to be the can opener

I moved to Orlando today, and I'm now officially living in my RV. I know Orlando isn't exactly far from home, but it's far enough that I'll have to make a conscious effort to go back to the house for anything I have forgotten. I also don't have my car here with me yet, so I have to hoof it if I need anything from the store. Fortunately I have a super walmart within a mile, so I doubt I'll go without anything I need but forgot.

The decision to not stay in Tampa was mainly becasue I spend most of my weekends over here doing hiking/biking/kayaking trips anyway. I'm on vacation next week, and I want to hike the 60 miles of road walk that I still need to complete for the Western Corridor of the FL Trail. It passes right by the endo of the road where I'm staying, so it just made sense to be over here.

Today was also the first day of my last month of working. By the end of September I'll be voluntarily unemployed. It's time for me to start enjoying being over here in the States and working only on seeing some of the places I want to see, doing some long hikes, etc.

Oh yeah, the can opener. It was the first thing I realized I didn't pack in the RV. I noticed that when I was standing with my supper can of soup in my hand. I guess I'll be walking to walmart in the morning!

No comments: