Sunday, September 23, 2007

So Maybe Bicycling isn't my Strong Point!

Spent a great day bicycling the West Orange Trail. Nice easy ride, but with a couple of hills, and then we stopped for lunch in a nice bar and a nice easy ride back to the trailhead again. I'd had a little problem with my rear brakes not working, so had just disconnected them; none of the hills were steep enough to worry about not having the rear brake.

We were almost back to the car when the heavens opened and it rained like someone was standing over us with fire hoses. We got soaked, threw the bikes on cars and headed for our respective homes with barely a "goodbye".

I stopped off at the bike store on the way home to let them have a look at my brakes. I felt pretty foolish when the guy just flicked the cable where it passes through the connector on the handle, and voila, my brakes are fixed! ooops!

No comments: