Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Time with the Family

Back in Orlando after a great visit with my family in England. Spent a week plus between their various houses. Unfortunately I was sick with a cold, so I really didn't do much, and don't recall too much of what I did do, except a visit to Laura's school to watch football (soccer) practice.

The flight home was hard on my ears, and I didn't get much rest. Fortunately Ian was feeling magnanimous and actually picked me up at the airport. He told me he never does pickups! For whatever reason, I'm glad he changed his policy this time. I'm snuggled up in my futon mattress on the floor of his sitting room. I'll be staying here for the foresseable future until we get back out hiking. Orlando is close enough to the remainder of the Eastern Corridor of the FL Trail that we still need to hike that we can stay here at Ian's and do some day hikes to get us up thru the sububurbs to the southern Ocala National Forest. We plan to start hiking early next week, so I need to work on getting rid of this cold. I'm going to have a tough time hiking with this stuffy, runny nose.

No comments: