Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas


What a great Christmas Day.

It started off in bed in a small cabin at the Suwannee Valley Campground. Ian brought me my coffee in bed (as all good cabana boys should!) and a bag of charcoal, which I assume was the closest to coal he could find, and receiving the entire bag means I must have been real bad this year. Santa, I can explain!

We did hike today, but just a short stroll today along the banks of the Suwannee and back into the campground where we are staying.

Ian earned his Sherpa patch today. I had decided to carry only my santa hat, water bottle and camera as it was such a short hike. Ian wants to carry his pack the whole way, so he carried the thermos of coffee, sodas and snacks. What a guy.

After the hike we fired up the bag of charcoal and threw a couple of juicy steaks, mushrooms and brussel sprouts on the grill. Desert was microwaved english Christmas Pudding and custard. It was all delicious, and rounded off a great Christmas day.

View more photos in my Picasa album

No comments: