Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Noisy magnets can see through knees?

Early today I had the latest MRI picture of my knee taken. It sure did take an effort to keep the knee completely still for the 20 minutes or so of the procedure. I had to use my hands to manually bend the knee again afterwards, and the pain increased more from keeping it still and straight like that than it did from hiking 5 miles the other day. I hope that means it's getting better, not worse. The tech would say only that he could see a lot of fluid on the knee, and that I'd have to wait for it to be professionally read before I could find out what can actually be seen in there. Hope they read fast!
I'm very optimistic though. I gathered up all my gear yesterday, ostensibly so I can spend some time the next couple of days searching for missing items, but primarily for an excuse to go shopping for more/replacement/lighter gear tomorrow. You may think I'm foolish to spend the money now, as I might not even be able to hike this year, but I actually don't need anything big, just a few small replacements like stuff sacks, maybe a new pocket knife, and some consumables like 100% deet. But the way I figure it, I may as well do it now, because if the Dr. gives me the go ahead to hike then I plan to be out every day building up some mileage and weight and testing the knee. Anyway, shopping is good for the soul. No further excuse needed.

No comments: