Saturday, May 10, 2008

Vera Natura

After a month in England, where it rained most of the time, but did mange to vary the weather with occasional, snow, hail, thunder and even some actual sunshine, I headed back to Spain and was ready for a nice warm weekend at the beach. Our destination was the Vera Natura naturist resort on the south east coast of Spain. The plan was to increase the chance of seeing the sun, and we did indeed succeed. The temperatures were still cool enough for long pants and sweaters in the evenings, but while the sun was out it was wonderfully warm.

We had decided in advance that this would be a healthy weekend: try to cut down on rich food and alcohol, and exercise a couple of times a day. On the first day it was easy to determine that I wouldn't be doing much swimming: both the sea and the hotel pool were still a little too brisk for my spoiled Florida body. Instead, we decided to do some daily running. On the first run I pulled up short when I felt a strange sensation in my right knee. Not so much a pain as a feeling that something hadn't quite landed right when I stepped. I tried walking it out, but soon had to return gingerly to the hotel. While the injury didn't affect the beach weekend much, apart from necessitating my lounging on the beach for hour (hmmm, didn't I just have an identical beach vacation in Jamaica?), it is painful and affects my ability to walk.

I am heading to another Pueblo Ingles volunteer week tomorrow. They are usually loads of fun and involve quite a lot of walking. I have a feeling this knee is going to determined the nature of the remainder of this trip!

View photos

No comments: