Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Andover, ME


Ah day hiking! We've spent the past several dasy staying at the Pine Ellis hostel in Andover and slack packing, or day hiking with just lunch, snacks and rain gear, being dropped off and picked up each day to return to the hostel and a dry bed. Our driver for this series of hikes was Ken. A great guy. He waited patiently at the end of each day for us, as we were invariably late, and he was always early.

The main reason for doing all the slacking was the rain. Where previously it had been slightly annoying, since Rangeley it has been downright drenching. When Ken first picked us up at the Rte 17 road crossing we were soaked to the skin. I could not have been wetter if I'd been dipped in a lake! I felt very guilty about getting into Ken's minivan as wet as I was, but of course he refused my offer to strip off before I got in!

View more photos in my Picasa album

No comments: