Saturday, July 5, 2008

Still in Monson

Yep. Still here.

Actually, we did leave, a couple of days ago. However, within only a mile it was obvious that I wasn't going anywhere. My knee was swollen and couldn't bear my weight. I was walking awkwardly and my hips and back we suffering from it already. A couple of painful miles later we crossed a road that would take us back into town.

So we took it, and have been here since yesterday. The funniest thing about this interruption to the hike was the look on one of the other hiker's face when he saw we had returned. To his question of "What happened?" I pointed to my very muddy boots and responded "Couldn't hike. My boots got muddy!" I think he actually thought that was why we had turned back! Cute. I wish that were all that bothered me.

Since we've been back we've explored the other eating place in town, the BBQ. It was pretty good food. The town didn't have much in the way of July 4th clecbrations going on. That surprised me somewhat, but I assume the townsfolk go off to other larger towns close by to celebrate.

Hopefully we'll hike tomorrow.

View more photos in my Picasa album

No comments: