Friday, March 7, 2008

Reshuffle break

That was a chaotic week!

We (or I) had a little problem. We have been using the RV to live in while we have been hiking the Florida Trail, and we have been using our two vehicles positioned at each end of our day's hike to transport us to and from our easily day hikeable chunks of trail. Now that we are nearing the end of the trail we had to deal with the problem of being able to get three vehicles with only two drivers back to Tampa when we finish the trail.

Brian catching up to us when he did was totally serendipitous! He also lives in Tampa, and when offered, jumped at the chance to go home for a couple of days before he continues on his hike up through Alabama. Problem solved. He drove my car home while I drove the RV. After a couple of chaotic days of planning and packing for my upcoming Europe trip, he picked me up in my own car and we drove back to Ft Walton Beach and my good friend MaryBeth. She is allowing us to stay at her house while we’re hiking in reasonable range of here. Thanks from all of us MaryBeth. There are not many non hikers that would allow their homes to be taken over by 3 stinky hikers and all their gear for several days.

No comments: